Monday, February 28, 2011

Aryna and Ballerina....Collects shoes.....



Aryna had her birthday party this past weekend. What a fun time we had. Aryna loved what her brother did on his birthday and really wanted to do something like that for hers. This is a little devotion she did 4 different places about what was on her heart...

"For my Birthday this year, I want to do something special for someone else. I have been very blessed in my life with a home, my own room, a mom and dad, a brother, food, clothes, and even toys. I know there are kids who don't have any of this. I found out about an Orphanage in Guatemala called Cases Bernabe, by my mom's friend Kim, who is going there on a missions trip in March. My mom was going to go too, but she is having a new baby brother or sister for me and can't go now. We asked Kim at to ask the Orphanage if there was something I could collect for my birthday. Toni at the Orphanage told us that shoes are like gold to them, and she has 165 kids who need shoes. So, my goal is to get a pair of shoes for each child at Casa Bernabe. These Kids don't have a mom or dad, but they have a good home at Casa Bernabe with a loving staff who take care of them and teach them about Jesus. I hope they smile when they see their shoes.
Romans 12:10-13 says:
"10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. "

and Acts 20:35 reminds us of Jesus' words himself. It says:
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to
receive.’
"

I want to end with the song "Shine your Light" because I want to be a shinning light for everyone around me and for the kids at Casa Bernabe."


Aryna was able to give that devotion at Community Bible Study, at Wall High School for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, our homeschool Co-op, and our Church.
She has had an great response from people opening their heart and having the want to give! It has been awesome!!

And look at all of these shoes!!!

2 comments:

Drea said...

I just saw this commercial on Disney channel and somehow found your site! I was genuinely impressed! May God bless you as much as you blessed them! xox

Jaymie Marie said...

Yay! Poor Aryna has not seen it yet on TV. We are still looking for it. Thanks so much for the comment! :-) She is a sweet heart and God ALWAYS blesses us. I prey he blesses you and yours also!